Sports Betting: Infographic

Sports Betting: Infographic

600
0
SHARE
Sports Betting Infographic

‘Sports Betting’ Infographic by Winners Weekly

In 2015, the British gambling industry employed over 108,000 staff members, and nearly half (49%) of these people worked in the betting sector. The remaining 51% of employees in the UK gambling industry work for other sectors such as arcades, bingo establishments and casinos.

Betting giants William Hill, Gala Coral Group, Ladbrokes and Betfred comprise 86.4% of all 8,809 bookies dotted around the British high street.

Although the classic and time-honoured sport of horse racing is still the most lucrative and popular in the sports betting industry, football is also becoming a major player too – with 34.4% of online betting turnover coming from the sport. And perhaps all of the success from Scottish born Andy Murray is provoking interest in tennis, as 10.1% of turnover now comes from the sport.

Using online sites such as William Hill, 888 Sport and Betfred make placing bets both quick and easy. On average, people who use online gambling sites have 3.5 active accounts. Although the most popular device to use in 2015 was a home computer or laptop (61%), we continue to see a rise in the use of mobile devices, with over one fifth of people favouring them in 2015. The home remains the most popular location for online sports betting.

Sports Betting Infographic

 

NO COMMENTS